HTS-110’s range of iron-yoke dipole magnets deliver fast-ramping and fields over 8 tesla. These magnets share the magnetic layout of traditional H-frame style electromagnets with field generated between two opposing iron poles. Sample and measurement access is available between the poles (transverse) or through the poles (axial).
The versatile design is suitable for various applications, including MOKE (Magneto-Optic Kerr Effect) materials analysis, variable temperature optical cryostats, Hall probe calibration and vibrating sample magnetometer (VSM) systems.
HTS-110’s dipoles are extensively utilised in the commercial development of hard-drive components, with the high magnetic field and fast ramp rates which facilitates high throughput of next generation materials.
Key advantages include:
- Continuous fast-ramping – with zero to full field in as little as 15s (XE series, 0-6 tesla), provides rapid characterisation of samples
- High-field, allowing analysis of high coercivity materials
- Compact size and low-stray field allows other instruments to be situated in close proximity
- Cryogen-free operation with no helium or nitrogen handling, no storage, level monitoring or pressure-vessel safety issues
HTS-110 offers various customisations to standard magnets, including:
- Customisable lateral access ports and multiple access ports available for Hall probes and other instruments
- Rapid cool down
- Adjustable pole tip gaps (via shims) with poles able to be completely removed for large axial access
- Range of user changeable poles for specialist applications including high homogeneity and tapered bore poles (for optical access)