HTS-110 supplies custom instruments to the world’s leading synchrotron and neutron beamlines. These instruments take full advantage of the properties of HTS wire to deliver compact cryogen-free magnets with field strengths in excess of 8 tesla which provide researchers with next generation magnetic environments for materials characterisation and analysis.
HTS-110 magnets are especially suited to beamline instruments where size and complex geometries are required; or where the magnetic field needs to be changed regularly; or where the field needs to be rotated relative to the beam.
Key advantages can include:
- Cryogen free with fast cool down
- Designs for tight spatial constraints, with the ability to be goniometer mounted for rotation
- An ability to be utilised with variable sample temperatures inserts
- Rapid ramping
- An ability to be built inside or around UHV equipment
The breadth of magnets that HTS-110 has developed for beamlines is best illustrated by previous projects:
Full Field Imaging NEXAFS/VUV spectrometer magnet system
- Manufactured for system designer, Synchrotron Research Inc
- System for Brookhaven National Lab NSLSII
- Two separate magnets (8.6T and 0.6T) shape a coupled magnetic field which is used in a large field of view and large depth of field parallel imaging Near Edge X-ray Absorption Fine Structure (NEXAFS) electron spectrometer
- Large 8.6T system provides beam and sample access while meeting stringent field uniformity requirements
- Magnets can be mechanically adjusted relative to each other to alter magnetic field along z-axis and the field strengths may be independently adjusted to control image magnification.
X-ray beam scattering beamline magnet
- Field strength up to 6.4T with 120° scattering angle
- System designed for resonant magnetic scattering and high resolution x-ray diffraction
- Tight dimensional and weight constraints – 260mm (W) x 320mm (H) magnet size
- 40mm room temperature bore, compatible with sample cryocooler
- Quiet, low vibration, low maintenance cooling